Friday, June 28, 2013

#24/25 Pepper, Egg, & Cheese with Hash Browns






Back on the breakfast bandwagon, and so happy about it. Tat's is usually super quiet in the mornings, and I understand, because I rarely feel like I have time to sit down and grab some food before work. I met up with my buddy Geoff and we had a killer lunch and were in and out the door in 30 minutes flat, and walked out the door with a giant pile of cheese, bread, and happiness in our bellies.

I started my E.A.T. mission with a breakfast sandwich, the egg and cheese. Since then I've done two more of the eight total breakfast sandwiches, the sausage, egg, and cheese and the ham, egg, and cheese. Knocking out the Pepper, Egg, & Cheese today puts me in a great place: with the Italian-Copa, Steak, and Grinder breakfast sandwiches left to go. Unlike on the lunch front where I'm staring the BLT, Roast Veggie, and House Salad down, breakfast has a lot of appeal left on the finish-the-menu front.





I'm too lazy to open MS Paint, but that shit has heat rays coming off of it. I ordered it with grilled onions, so I got a giant italian roll with fried egg, sauteed green peppers, and covered in a molten layer of provolone. The roll has a nice toast and gets really soft and steamy, ending up with this killer consistently of super warm, soft eggs and peppers with the steamy, pillowy roll and just a bit of toasty crunch on the outside to break it up. It's a killer breakfast sandwich, and for less than $5 you absolutely cannot fuck with the value proposition here.


But that's not the whole story. Geoff ordered the potatoes. The menu calls them has browns, the sign may have called them something else. They are breakfast potatoes. $1.50 and you get a pretty generous portion of them.





The picture accurately captures what's going on here. They weren't inedible, but they were headed in that direction, surfing a wave of soggy grease. Maybe it was a bad batch, I may have to give them another shot later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment