Thursday, September 13, 2012

#1 Egg and Provolone

You have to be some kind of pompous asshole to want to write a blog.  Of all the challenges I've put myself to and the insane bets I've made, this is the first that's inspired me to share my exploits.  It must be a decline in my moral character that has led me to this point.


So I walked down to Tat's this morning to drown my middle-class existential sorrow in the quintessential American way - by numbing my emotions with an enormous breakfast sandwich.

I wanted something with some heft to it, and almost skipped to some of the meatier breakfast options.  Part of the point of E.A.T. is to get myself away from my habitual tendencies, though, so I went chronological and started with the first item on the breakfast menu - Egg and Cheese.  As many times as I've been to Tat's I've never made it down in the morning.  When I saw the prices I expected these things on an english muffin, but Tat's doesn't fuck around and my provolone and egg came on an 8" french roll.


I needed to get to work, so I took it to go and ate it while downing some nasty office coffee and staring blankly at my monitor.  This was better than some egg and cheese on bread deserved to be.  Simple, classic.  I should eat breakfast more often, I feel invigorated enough to quit my job and follow my proverbial fucking bliss.

1 comment:

  1. Stop pretending like you're better than everyone just because you don't want to write your blog and just write it. This is fantastic shit.

    ReplyDelete