Monday, June 3, 2013

#22 Chicken Bacon Ranch

As promised, here's the second part of the crispy chicken series (part 1 was the Crispy Chicken Sub).


This is one of the trashiest sandwiches on the menu. It has no cultural background, hell, no cultural value. The chicken bacon ranch is as at home on the Subway menu as it is at Tat's. It's a sandwich I would never have ordered if I wasn't doing everything on the menu, which makes this one of the interesting ones.







A few years ago I was walking up Yesler on my way to Tat's. There's a Subway just one block down from Tat's, and as I walked up from 1st I saw a guy walk past Tat's and then directly in front of me walk INTO Subway instead. It was 11:25am and there was no line at either place. I stopped and before the door closed behind him yelled "are you fucking serious?" at the guy. He turned as the door closed, a bewildered look on his face. I walked to Tat's and got a Tat'strami, but I could never shake the look of sad childlike bewilderment on that idiot's face.





I'm not saying the Tat's sandwich is a culinary masterpiece, or that it is at all noteworthy. It isn't. It's one of the worst things on the Tat's menu, honestly. It isn't Subway, though, and that's a lot. It's enough that I can now look back on the incident with the idiot and imagine him gorging himself on that nasty mess of a chicken bacon ranch sandwich while I'm stuffing my gut with this:





I apologize for the lack of professional lighting and digital color correction, but please note the lack of any substance resembling radioactive semen on the Tat's sandwich.





Cons of the Tat's CBR:

1. It doesn't have "Asiago" on it ala Wendy's super rebellious and bold bad boy chicken burger:
2. Lacking a "self-rising crust" makes us question how great its value is:





Pros of the Tat's CBR:

1. It's ingredients can legally be called "chicken"



2. America



No comments:

Post a Comment