Sunday, March 17, 2013

#17 Special: ITALIAN ROAST PORK smoked provolone, spicy spinach rabe w/ garlic aoili

The special hooked me. I'm not much for spinach, but roast pork, smoked anything, and garlic and spicy and sandwich. My brain didn't even recognize the "spinach" part lost in the midst of all the other descriptors.


I think they forgot the garlic aioli, but I was immediately so deep in this thing that I didn't even bother to worry about it. The provolone was melted in a generous heap on the top and I adjusted it a bit so I wasn't eating straight up mouthfuls of cheese. The pork was sliced really thin and there was a LOT of it. This sandwich had the portions absolutely dialed in. Could have used some salt, and some of that aioli, but that didn't stop it from being heart attack inducingly tasty. The one real gripe I had was that there was enough water coming from either the pork or the spinach that the second half of the sandwich got soggy within about a minute to the point of turning to mush and falling apart.

I wiped off the slushy dead bread like dirt off a fallen french fry and soldiered on like any really fat man with an unquenchable hunger for sandwiches would. I don't believe in the bible because nowhere in the supposed "ten commandments" do they lay down the six second rule.



Yeah, that's right. Tat's makes spinach taste good. Who the fuck would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment