Friday, October 26, 2012

#7 Tat's Grinder

This one I've had before, and I'm sure as fuck happy to have had it again.  Tat's on a Friday.  I love this place.  Some of the stuff I've been eating lately is out of the realm of what I'd choose if left to my own devices.  The Grinder however, deserves its place directly below the Tat'strami at the top of the Hot Subs list.

"Capicolla, Pepperham, & Genoa Salami, w/ Provolone, hot & sweet peppers, pickles, LTOM"

In classic Tat's fashion it's a lot of unnecessary capitalization, but they're just really excited about the sandwiches.  This sandwich is basically pork three ways: capicolla is cured shoulder, pepperham is cured pork leg, and genoa salami may have anything in it (including beef) but is generally made from pork trimmings and/or shoulder.  Between the three meats, grilled and served hot on an italian roll with all the peppers, cheese, and the copious lettuce, tomato, onions, and mayo, this verges on being a kitchen sink sandwich.  There's a whole lot going on, and there's something wrong with you if you can eat it slowly enough to decipher the details.

The veggies are hiding a monstrous pile of sloppy, warm, cheesy meat.  I'm going to need to exercise and diet for a day or two after to make up for this, but there's not a doubt in my mind it will have been worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment