Thursday, November 29, 2012

#12 In-house Roast Beef

Cold roast beef is one of my favorite sandwiches. It was my childhood go-to and back in the '80s there was a deli in a stripmall in Vallejo that roasted their own beef and had some amazing sourdough which instilled in me a love of sandwiches that has served me well until this day.

Tat's ain't that place, sadly. On the list of hits and misses this kind of falls in the middle, but it definitely isn't worth ordering again.  I hate to see my love letter to Tat's turn into a "what to avoid list" but the last thing I'm going to do is blow hot up air up the internet's ass over some mediocre sandwich.

There's not much more to this than the Turkey.  I didn't learn my lesson and forgot to leave out the "seasonings" and the chopped onion. Those don't make or break this though, and at the heart the problem is that their house roast beef isn't great. The insult to injury is that they are very, very skimpy with it. You can see that there's barely the better part of two slices of beef on the sandwich.



Now I'm going to have to go find a good roast beef sandwich to wash away the disappointment.

1 comment: