Friday, February 3, 2017

#43 Tat's Tuna Melt (special)

I've been busy wasting my time with things not as important as eating at Tat's, but a gentle nudge from some friends and I am resuscitating the last few items. Heading in with the intent of finally doing the Tuna Salad, I was instead faced with a daily special I'd never seen - Tat's Tuna Melt.


Fuck it, let's get back into it. Could hot tuna salad be worse than the ring sting of abject failure at eating through the whole menu? Worst case I try to make it to the door when I feel an irresistible urge to vomit and don't make it to the door. Then I'm what, just another Pioneer Square hobo, just another SigEp C# bro who can't hold his Zima? I want to barf every time I log on to blogspot.com, much less pull my phone out to take a picture of my food in public, so I think I can step up and handle 8" of steaming cheesy fish and mayonnaise.


You can't dream up enough pixels to capture how much tuna was on this sandwich. It was unquestionably too much tuna. That said, it was also loaded with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles. The classic Tat's contrast of hot and steaming with cold and crisp is unassailable, like taking a dump outside on a wintry evening. The cheese and chipotle mayo and hot tuna all just sort of melded together into a big, soft, wet mess. The bread held up to it like a champ and the sandwich never got soggy, but this sandwich certainly had a shelf life of about 5-10 minute before it went from fantastic to falling apart.


There's a little cross-section to cap it off, and yet again it fails to capture the volume of tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment